Friday, November 4, 2011

Carving a Pumpkin Hungle Style

I can't believe I haven't posted a blog since the summer.  Where does the time go?  Well I'll try to catch up this weekend.  We carved pumpkins last week.  Or at least I carved pumpkins.  It started off well as both kids had been talking about carving them since we picked them out from the Lynn Valley School Pumpkin Patch.  Garrett was going to carve a grumpy pumpkin and Kelsey's was going to be happy.


It started off well.  Both kids were totally into it until they touched the slimy pumpkin and then they sat back and watched Cary and I gut them.

The planning of the pumpkin faces went well until Kelsey and Garrett started to fight over a book.  Then he went and sulked in his room.  I drew his pumpkin and carved it.  He couldn't be coaxed back into the festivities.

Kelsey was doing well and was very excited about her happy pumpkin design until I wouldn't let her carve it by herself.  "I do it myself!"

I ended up carving both pumpkins alone in the kitchen surrounded by crying and moping.  Sigh...  We'll try again next year.  At least Kelsey enjoyed eating the seeds.








No comments:

Post a Comment